World Hospice and Palliative Care Day
On Saturday, October 10 2020, something extraordinary is going to happen.
People from around the world who have been impacted by a life-limiting illness — either personally or by supporting a loved one — will be making their voices heard, asking policy makers to pay attention to prioritize palliative care policies and services. Further, people who have been standing in solidarity with them — local leaders, volunteers, advocates, clinicians — will be volunteering their time to amplify this public message: Palliative Care: it’s “My Care, My Comfort.”
Details on the theme and campaign initiatives coming soon!
How to get involved
- Subscribe to the WHPCA’s newsletter for campaign updates and the launch of new campaign materials: http://tiny.cc/lnky8y
- Follow @worldhospiceday on Twitter
- Follow hashtags: #mycaremycomfort and #whpcday20
- Get in touch to translate materials into your local language by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is World Hospice and Palliative Care Day?
World Hospice and Palliative Care Day is a unified day of action to celebrate and support hospice and palliative care around the world. Voices for Hospices is a wave of concerts taking place on World Hospice and Palliative Care Day every two years.
When does World Hospice and Palliative Care Day take place?
World Hospice and Palliative Care Day takes place on the second Saturday of October every year and Voices for Hospices takes place on the same date every two years.
The next World Hospice and Palliative Care Day is 10 October 2020.
What are the aims of World Hospice and Palliative Care Day?
- To share our vision to increase the availability of hospice and palliative care throughout the world by creating opportunities to speak out about the issues
- To raise awareness and understanding of the needs – medical, social, practical, spiritual – of people living with a life limiting illness and their families
- To raise funds to support and develop hospice and palliative care services around the world.
Who organises World Hospice and Palliative Care Day?
World Hospice and Palliative Care Day is organised by a committee of the Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance, a network of hospice and palliative care national and regional organisations that support the development of hospice and palliative care worldwide.
The development of World Hospice and Palliative Care Materials has been made possible in part by the generous support of the Joffe Charitable Trust.
This year’s World Hospice and Palliative Care Day logo has been adapted with the kind permission of Hospis Malaysia from their Palliative Care Butterfly symbol.