At the MPA Executive Committee meeting dated 11 May 2008, it was decided to create a training grant to honour the contributions of our first President, Datuk Dr. Sam C.E. Abraham, called the MPA Sam Abraham Overseas Training Grant.
This is an outright grant not exceeding RM8,000 given to qualified candidates who have been approved by the MPA Executive Committee.
The purpose of this fellowship is to enable deserving paediatricians who require financial assistance to do a training attachment overseas. The following criteria shall apply:
1. Applicants must be fully paid members of MPA for at least 3 preceding consecutive years.
2. Applicants must possess a paediatric specialist qualification and be registered with the National Specialist Registry.
3. The attachment must be at a centre that is deemed satisfactory to the MPA Executive Committee.
4. The position to which the applicant is applying is not a salaried position.
5. The applicant must not have a full scholarship from the government or other institutions for the same training attachment.
6. Any publication ensuing from this attachment will credit the MPA as a sponsor.
7. A written report will be submitted to the MPA Executive Committee within one month of completion of the attachment.
8. The application for the grant should be submitted at least 3 months before the intended commencement of the attachment.
9. Each member will only be eligible to receive this grant once.
The Executive Committee hereby invites applicants for this grant.