- This award is given to an individual or group of individuals who have contributed significantly through advocacy for health and wellbeing of children and adolescents in Malaysia.
- This award is to recognise a person or team (Malaysian) who has made significant contributions to the medical, healthcare, and related services for the country.
- The individual nominee should not be a member of the Malaysian Paediatric Association nor a paediatrician.
- For group nomination, the majority of the members should be non-paediatricians (more than 60 %).
- The advocacy work may be, for example, in anti-smoking campaigns, accident prevention campaigns, child education, wellbeing of children with special needs, childhood vaccination etc .
- There will be only one award per year, and the award is given ONLY when there is a suitable nominee.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Malaysian Paediatric Association secretariat by the 30th of April each year. Nominations must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae of the nominee and for group nomination, the achievements of the group.
- Nominations can be made by any Life members of MPA. Self-nomination is not permitted.
- The decision to give the award will be made by the MPA Executive Committee and the suitable nominee (if any) will be announced before 31st of July each year.
- The award will consist of a certificate, RM1,000 and a plaque.
- The award may be presented during the MPA Congress Annual Dinner or on another occasion deemed suitable, with a brief citation on the winner.
Download the relevant Nominations Form below:
a) Nomination Form for Groups or Societies
b) Nomination Form for Individuals